Writing Tips for your Instagram posts:
You often focus your efforts on Instagram photos, videos, and stories. Here you will learn writing tips for your Instagram posts.
However, the text has pride of place on the social network and it is often the latter that hits the mark with users to generate a significant number of interactions.
So there is the art and the way of writing on Instagram. Finding your style, your catchphrases and impactful call-to-actions is as essential as choosing the right visual.
Writing Tips for your Instagram posts:
1. Find your style
All writing should adopt the most relevant tone possible. How to judge its relevance will you tell us?
Simply by identifying who your audience is. The age, gender, geographic location of your subscribers are all factors to take into account to adapt your editorial style.
We won’t write a post in the same way for a street food restaurant targeting 16-35 year olds, or for a luxury brand that addresses CSP + couples in their fifties.
2. Master the art of hashtags
You can’t talk about an Instagram caption without mentioning the hashtags. These are both the DNA of the social network and a formidable lever of virality.
Here are some rules to follow when using your hashtags:
- Place them lower in your text so as not to interfere with the reading of your post or as the first comment.
- Limit yourself to ten hashtags.
- Vary your hashtags with each post.
- Do some research on the trending topics of the moment and the hashtags of the day or the topic on which you are writing.
3. Use emojis and take care of the shape of your post
In addition to the background, the layout of your post can make it easier to read.
After the first three lines that deserve to be condensed to be read, consider going to the line to ventilate your post and improve its readability.
Remember that spaces between lines will be removed upon posting. So think about putting one or more points for example if you want to move your hashtags away from your main text.
Finally, be creative and regularly use emoticons to add color and vibrancy to your text. These playful icons and characters convey emotion and are a source of engagement with your readers.
4. Build engagement
Your publication should not be detached or journalist. If you’re reaching out to your community and expecting feedback from them, get them:
- Express an opinion and encourage your followers to express theirs;
- Ask a question at the end of the post;
- Ask for help or tips on a given topic;
- Ask your fans to tag someone;
- Take a survey.
Don’t assume that reactions are 100% spontaneous. People are better able to govern when asked a question, and that’s okay.
5. Be concise
In general, write concise posts (3 lines) .
Sometimes you will want to share an experience or express yourself on a topic that is close to your heart. Then you can take more space for your publication.
Did you know ?
Although you have 2,200 characters to express yourself in the caption, your post will be truncated from three lines of text. Your teaser and the context of your post must therefore be at the start of the post.
6. Adopt microblogging
Why should Instagram posts be elusive or frivolous?
This is the big trend for 2019, the social network is becoming a microblogging platform that distributes more and more content with high added value.
- the tutorials: cooking recipe, tech, makeup, marketing advice;
- tips and advice;
- good addresses and the story of an experience in a hotel or restaurant that you loved;
- a summary of a conference or trade show you attended.
7. Do some storytelling
This technique well known to editors is no exception on Instagram, quite the contrary. Storytelling is a great way to engage your fans behind the scenes of your brand.
You can tell the story of your business there.
Moreover, do not hesitate to take a leap in time to return to the premises of the brand and share information exclusive to your community.
8. Create a sense of urgency
Do you know the ” fear of missing out” (FOMO) to translate by the fear of missing something?
Widely used in sales, it is also a great teaser to generate enthusiasm for your post.
For this, use emergency formulas like:
- Tomorrow all your colleagues will be talking about the new season of Casa Del Papel, and you?
- Don’t be the girl who doesn’t have the latest sea green swimsuit, the summer trend
- What if you only have a few hours left to …
Also Read: 5 Rules to save money in online games
Editors, community manager, Instagram is a new space for expression to be handled brilliantly. Even short, each post must be worked with all the essential elements of virality.
In this article I have shared Writing Tips for your Instagram posts. Hope you all liked it.