Instagram guide for businesses: how to start Instagram from scratch
If you are searching for how to start instagram from scratch then you are in the right place. Here in this article you will find how to start an instagram business account from scratch.
If there is a network that today stands out from the rest, it is Instagram, more and more companies are choosing this social network as the main dissemination showcase.
If you do not have your Instagram account for companies created, you are wasting precious time. Other social networks can have their advantages and disadvantages, but the truth is that Instagram is a channel where your business has to be and an impressive advertising tool.
In recent years, Instagram has revolutionized the landscape of social networks and their marketing: new options for companies, new features for users, algorithm changes…
This may have generated that many companies that want to join the wave of social networks , and especially Instagram, do not know how to start from scratch or which way to go.
How should my profile be on Instagram? How do I convert it to a business profile? How do I consult and interpret my statistics? Read the full article to know how to start instagram from scratch.
Below We will try to answer all those questions and guide you for starting instagram form scratch.
Benefits of Instagram for your company
Before I start explaining how you can start with your company profile on Instagram, I think I should make clear the benefits that this can generate for a company:
- Increase engagement with your audience: Instagram is a social network that greatly facilitates interaction between users. Let’s take for engagement actions such as likes, comments, followers, views of videos and/or stories, direct messages, saved publications, etc.
- It is an ideal platform to humanize your brand: Emotional marketing is effective, proven, and this social network is fantastic for showing the “less serious” and more human side of your company.
- You get to know your audience and reach new audiences: The engagement I talked about earlier is directly related to this, through direct interaction with people you can get to know what your target audience is looking for and how to make them fall in love. In addition, on Instagram users are constantly looking for new content to connect with.
- Low-cost sales: The ease of this network for sharing visual content that engages your audience means that you can promote products or services naturally and at a very low cost.
- Promotion of your other marketing channels: Instagram allows you to link your account with your accounts on other social networks such as Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr.
How to change Instagram account to business and change Facebook page type
In order to use your company Instagram profile, it is essential to have a company page on Facebook . If you already have it, you will only have to join both profiles and, if not, you will have to create it.
To change from a personal to a commercial profile, you must go to the three dots that appear on your profile at the top right and look for the Account > Change to commercial account option.
You Have To enter certain information such as:
- Categories for your business profile (artist, public figure, local business…)
- Email and mobile number
- Choose Facebook page with which you want to connect your Instagram
And once linked you will already have an instagram account for companies .
What do Instagram stats look like?
One of the advantages that I consider most important when having a business account on Instagram is that you can see your statistics on the social network .
Instagram currently has 4 “sections” where you can find statistics:
- Statistics of your company account (you can find them in the bar graph icon on your profile on the top right)
- Statistics on posts (simply clicking on “view statistics” within a post)
- Instagram stories statistics for companies (they are in the same place where you see who has seen your stories, by clicking on the bar graph icon)
- Statistics on IGTV videos (you can see them by entering each video on your channel and clicking on the 3 dots at the bottom left and selecting the statistics option)
Once we know all this, we are going to see what kind of data Instagram statistics offer us .
We will start by opening the account statistics and you will see something similar to this screen:
As you can see, the data appears divided into three sections (activity, content and audience) and is weekly data.
- In Activity we can see what Instagram users have done on our profile:
- The interactions that our profile has received in that week and how they have been divided into the different days, very useful to identify when we can publish
- How many visits we have received and its comparison with the previous week
- How many times the user has clicked on the default action on our profile. In my case “send an email”
- Accounts reached that week and how many have been reached each day of the week (this is the number of people who have seen any of your posts)
- Impressions or number of times any of your posts have been shown to Instagram users
- In Content we can see what actions we have carried out on our profile that week: publications we have made, stories or promotions. With this section we can control the content that we are uploading so as not to repeat ourselves or saturate our audience.
And, finally, in Audience we can see data regarding our audience on Instagram:
- Number of followers(although we can also see this in the profile)
- From what cities and countries do they follow us?
- Age range and gender of our followers
- And the hours and days of the week when our followers are most active.
Once we have analyzed the data that we can find in the statistics of our company account, we can go on to see what the statistics of individual publications offer us.
At a first glance when opening the statistics we will only see the number of likes, comments and saves, as well as the visits to the profile that said publication has generated and the scope of it, but if we slide up we will see the following:
- Actions taken since that post (profile views)
- The accounts reached with that post and what percentage of that number are accounts that don’t follow you
- How many followers did you get from that post?
- Where users have seen that post from (Instagram home page or feed, profile, hashtags used, or others such as location used)
We also find statistics in the stories . These provide us with the following data:
- Actions that are carried out in said story (direct messages, touches on stickers, etc.)
- Accounts reached with said story
- Impressions (times the story has been shown) and how those people who have seen it have acted:
- Next: Navigate to someone else’s stories with a swipe
- Next Story: Scroll by tapping to keep seeing your next stories
- Abandonments: Times that stories have been closed since said published story
- Return: Times the story has been touched to see the previous one
Last but not least, the statistics of your videos on IGTV show data such as:
- How many times the video has been played
- Number of likes and comments
- Average video view rate (how much of your video they watch before leaving)
Everything mentioned would be basic to start using your company profile or personal brand on Instagram .
Stay active, but don’t forget that quality is always worth more than quantity, and if you need more personalized help with your Instagram strategy, don’t hesitate to seek professional help.
Do not hesitate to ask me any questions that may arise about this or other posts in the comments and I hope that everything I have told you has been helpful.